For Safety, Accessibility, and Confidence.
MINIMIZING THE HAZARDS OF THE BATHROOM
The bathroom can be the most dangerous room in the home of an aging adult or differently-abled person.
The following are some of the questions you would need to address:
- Are there non-slip surfaces?
- Is there enough clear floor space for aided mobility?
- Does your loved one use a cane or a walker?
- Is the bathroom a safe place for them when using their mobility equipment?
- Are the controls for the bathtub and shower reachable, easy to use, and require minimal effort to operate?
- Where are the grab bars in the bathroom?
- Are there grab bars near the toilet, shower, and tub?
- Is a shower chair available and convenient?
- Is there ample space around the toilet?
- Narrow entry doors.
- Lack of turning space.
- Lack of maneuvering space to the side of the toilet.
- Toilet location obstructs bathing fixture.
- No knee space below the sink.
- No reinforcing in walls for grab bars.
- 5’ by 5’ clear floor space in the bathroom
- Non-slip flooring
- Bathroom size of at least 5’ by 8’
- Broadly applied bands of reinforcement inside walls around toilets and bath fixtures for installation of grab bars
- Textured grab bars by toilet, bathtub, and shower
- Offset controls in shower/tub to minimize bending and reaching
- 48” by 56” toilet space with centerline of toilet 18” from side wall
- Shower bench
- Hand-held shower head
- Curbless shower, with non-slip surface and fold-down seat
- Doors that can be unlocked from the outside
- A bathroom telephone
- Rounded counter edges
- Barrier-free showers
- Walk-in Tubs
We offer a wide variety of bathroom safety and accessibility solutions offered on any scale. We also provide complete bathroom remodeling projects.
- We install grab bars to give you a surface to grasp while moving within the bathroom
- We provide hand-held showers for individuals who cannot entirely stand alone in the bathtub
- We offer an array of shower benches
- We can transform your current tub into a step-in tub
Benefits of Step-In Tubs
- Can be done on any tub, including fiber glass, steel, and even cast iron.
- Installed in less than one day
- Greatly reduces the possibility of falls.
- Enables easy step-in access.
- Costs a fraction of the price of remodeling.
- Ideal for homes, apartments, senior living communities, and hotels.
|Do you have trouble with the following?||Solutions to Consider|
|Getting in and out of the bathtub?||
|Sitting down and getting up from the tub?||
|Navigating the entry? With secure footing?||
|Standing at the sink?||
|Getting on and off the toilet?||
|Replacing toilet tissue on the holder?||
|Reaching and effectively using toilet tissue?||
|Reaching and cleaning thoroughly? Standing while showering?||
|Accessing the shower?||
|Having difficulties with grooming task because of dexterity limitations?||
- Provide a safe solution for people with reduced balance and mobility.
- Accessible designs that address multiple requirements.
- We make sure to understand your needs in order to come up with the ideal designs.
We also design wheelchair accessible bathrooms that accommodate handicapped individuals and are much safer for the entire family.
- Inward opening or cap-like fitted doors that are self-sealing.
- Chair-height seat or similar to the standard bathroom, has no seat at all.
- Side walls that raise and lower, while other types have doors that slide in into the wall of the tub.
- Low step-in and higher seats.
- Enable the person to pivot his or her legs into the tub while sitting on the seat.
- Ideal for those with mobility challenges.
- Recommended by medical authorities
- More hygienic
- Safer to get in and out of
- Individuals can remain in their wheelchair while taking a bath
- Bathers may either be assisted or left to bathe independently
- Fitted with a handheld shower and a non-skid flooring
- Ideal storage space for bathers and caregivers
Existing Tub Retrofits
- When full shower remodeling isn’t feasible, this makes for the most cost-effective option
- Creates a safer and more accessible bathing environment
- Low-threshold shower that provides much easier entryway
For questions and inquiries regarding bathroom safety, feel free to call our trusted representatives at any time. All you have to do is dial 973-607-3211.